Skip to content

Hard walking

September 18, 2011

I started my new blog… not an overly interesting one to anyone else out there, but to me – ALL IMPORTANT 🙂  I have been tracking my daily  food and have managed four days consecutively so far! A win.

I am feeling better each day, and while I would love to say that in the last few days I have definitely dropped some weight…. my weight just does not show like that. It can take up to a week to show any loss from watching what I eat and tracking…. and generally the opposite too – takes about a week before I gain from over eating. So I will carry on, and see what happens. I am also not expecting big losses… for that never happens either  – and I only set myself up for disappointment.

I have been making a good effort to get out and exercise – in the wonderful spring weather!! I have only gotten to the gym once this week {I plan to double that next week} , but have done a big walk and even ridden my bike!!

My walk the other day was a destination walk, something that always helps me when I am not feeling overly motivated… for I know I have to walk to my destination to be able to get on with my day. It was about a 6km walk to my daughters swimming lessons, J was there with her already, and I just had to walk there to meet them before they left for her Gym lessons.

It all sounded very easy, and sun was out – but it was the HARDEST walk I have done in some time!! It felt like someone was pressing on my shoulders the entire time, pushing me down in the ground – making me feel heavy and strange. My legs felt like they did not belong to me, and my sense of ease with walking felt odd. It was a strange, and tiring walk. And I just wanted to BE THERE already!!!!

These are the reasons I came up with, while walking, to try to make sense of it

  • It was a warm day – 26deg – and I am not yet used to walking in the heat
  • I am unfit, and larger/heavier than I have been in some time
  • I have not walked hills for almost 3wks {for even tho I walked on the ship it was only round and round the top deck – flat, flat, flat}

I didnt have my phone I could not ring J and get him to pick me up, so I just had to suck it up and keep going. I made it in just over an hour, not too bad really, but it felt like a lot longer.

My time writing this has been cut short, as I must run and get ready for a day at the beach!!

See you when we are sandy……


No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: